Week 1 of the NFL season is always the most difficult week of the year simply because we’re all guessing at what we think will happen. Here are a few things we learned after the first week of the season.
1. A few defenses we’ll want to attack this season are: Browns, Colts, Saints, Falcons, and Chargers.
2. David Johnson is the real deal. He played on 95% of the Cardinals snaps.
3. Marvin Jones is a lock for 8-10 targets per game.
4. The Colts passing attack looked great. Luck, Moncrief, Hilton, and Allen are must starts each week.
5. Spencer Ware is the running back we want until Jamaal Charles is healthy. Had 199 yards and only played 49% of the snaps.
6. Quincy Enunwa will steal some targets from Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall.
7. The Rams are #bad.
Waiver Wire Targets
QB: Brock Osweiler, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Josh McCown (really deep league add)
RB: Tevin Coleman, Theo Riddick
WR: Tajae Sharpe, Quincy Enunwa, Will Fuller, Eli Rogers, Dontrelle Inman, Mohamed Sanu
TE: Vance McDonald, Jesse James
DFS Cash Lineup Review
QB: Dak Prescott (10.28)
RB: Spencer Ware (35.9) and Ryan Mathews (13.7)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins (16.4), Julio Jones (16.6), and Marvin Jones (12.5)
TE: Jared Cook (1.7)
Flex: Donte Moncrief (18.4)
D/ST: Texans (8.0)
Total: 133.48 points
· With the late news that Chris Ivory would be inactive, I almost pivoted to TJ Yeldon over Spencer Ware. However, I thought Ware would get the goal line carries and by default, he had a much higher TD expectation. My only bad mistake of the week was switching from Dwayne Allen to Jared Cook. I was worried that Allen would be asked to block more due to the Colts O-line issues. All in all, it was a pretty solid week as we turned $51 into $83.