Week 3 of the pre-season is the best way for us as fantasy players to get an understanding of how teams will use each of their players. In week 3, the starters play roughly 2-3 quarters and the coaching decisions tend to stay consistent into week 1 of the regular season. I felt like we learned a few things this week:
1. James White will be the Patriots 3rd down/passing role back.
2. Eli Rodgers has been very good in the slot for Pittsburgh. Keep an eye out for him in deeper leagues.
3. Chris Hogan looks to have a significant role within the Patriots offense already.
4. Jared Cook has finally played like an NFL player. He’s played significant snaps with the Packers starting unit and seems to have the trust of Aaron Rodgers.
5. The Colts passing offense should post some monstrous numbers this season. Look for Donte Moncrief to have a break out season.
6. Will Fuller has made the most of his pre-season opportunities and looks to be a lock for 120+ targets this season.
7. Kenny Stills has been fantastic this pre-season and should be a nice compliment to Jarvis Landry.
8. T.J. Yeldon and Chris Ivory continue to split carries, however Ivory will work as the goal line back.
9. Tyler Ervin is the clear handcuff to Lamar Miller. Has looked impressive thus far.
10. Lastly, this we be a list of some defenses that I think will be terrible to start the season. I’ll be attacking the Saints, Browns, Bears, Colts, Jaguars, Falcons, and the Dolphins.
If you noticed something else that may be significant, leave me a comment or hit me up on twitter.